We are looking for a kitchen manager with a passion for food and people in the college's versatile course and conference profile.
Mariager Højskole has a cosy and functional kitchen, which creates a homely atmosphere for our approximately 70 students and many guests and weekly course participants. We think in sustainability and ecology and are proud of our varied, tasty and healthy food.
We are looking for a kitchen manager who is sociable, skilled and flexible, and who loves to cook. On a day-to-day basis, you will work with the rest of the staff, including our skilled kitchen staff, a teaching staff with many projects, skilled caretakers and administrative staff.
As Mariager Høj- og Efterskole (MHE) is one institution, you must be able to manage the school's kitchen on a day-to-day basis, reporting to the school's head chef, who has the main responsibility. You will therefore also be involved in effective collaboration around food plans and cooking for both schools, both during the week, on weekends when we cook for both schools, and at summer courses and large conferences throughout the year.
- You have a culinary education, and preferably experience from boarding school life.
- You have a passion for food and enjoy providing students, staff and guests with a healthy, tasty and service-minded experience.
- You love to cook good food from fresh ingredients and think sustainably, ecologically and economically.
- You are good at planning, but also flexible and can see individual solutions.
- You have good teamwork skills, create a good atmosphere and can keep a cool head when there are many balls in the air.
- You are social, especially like young people, and you work in a structured way.
- You speak English, as we have 1/3 international students at the school.
- You are open and honest, and can subscribe to the school values of community, responsibility, respect and trust.
- An inspiring and motivating workplace with room for culinary innovation that reaches out to the young generation.
- A meaningful job in a school based on the Christian view of life and humanity.
- A good collegial cooperation with the head chef and staff of the whole MHE.
- Opportunity to help create development, so that Mariager Højskole continues to be praised for its good food and high service.
The job involves
- Cooking both for everyday and for parties.
- Planning the menu in collaboration with the head chef.
- Day shifts, evening shifts and weekend shifts.
- Ordering and receiving goods.
- Work in connection with conferences and short courses.
- Scheduling cleaning rotations and kitchen dances for our approximately 70 students.
- Financial management of the college kitchen in collaboration with the schools' kitchen manager and business manager.
Terms of agreement
- A full-time position with salary according to the current conditions for the higher education sector.
- We have 4 week-long courses during the summer, and we therefore have fixed holidays which follow the school's annual plan.
- You will report to Head Chef Charlotte Bundgård Møller.
Deadline for applications: 13 June 2022 at 12.00.
Interviews will be held regularly.
The post is to be filled on 1 August 2022 or as soon as possible thereafter.
Applications should be sent to the headmaster Leif Petterson firstname.lastname@example.org.
You are welcome to contact us for further information by contacting chef Charlotte Bundgaard Møller tel. 96682702 or mail email@example.com.
Om Mariager Høj- og Efterskole
Mariager Høj- og Efterskole is a combined school with 160 after-school students and 70 high school students. The school is located in a scenic area near Mariager Fjord. The nearest towns are Randers, Hobro and Hadsund. The college was founded in 1954 and the after-school in 1981 by Mosaik, a network of Pentecostal churches in Denmark. The schools rest on a Christian foundation, where the Christian view of life and humanity is a natural and essential part of everyday life. Read more about us at www.mariagerefterskole.dk and www. mariagerhojskole.dk.